MSc in Primary Care at University of Glasgow
Interested in studying for an online MSc in Primary Care at the University of Glasgow?
All courses run as online distance learning and can be accessed from anywhere in the world! We have a January 2018 intake for anyone who wants to get started as soon as possible. Please see the website for full details https://www.gla.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/primarycare/ or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We also run a number of individual courses for continued professional development. In January we have Cardiovascular Disease Management in Primary Care running, which is led by Professor Frances Mair. Feel free to get in touch to discuss your study options. Please see the website for full details. https://www.gla.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/primarycare/?card=shortcoursesforcpd or email us at email@example.com
Primary Care Transformation
The SSPC is currently undertaking a programme of work that aims to evaluate new models of Primary Care that are being tested across Scotland. The programme is led by Professor Stewart Mercer and Dr Bridie Fitzpatrick at the University of Glasgow. Other member universities and an affiliate member university are undertaking different case studies that will contribute to the overall national evaluation:
- Advanced Nurse Practicitioners (University of Stirling, led by Margaret Maxwell)
- MSK (University of Glasgow, led by Barbara Nicholl)
- NHS Tayside (University of St Andrews, led by Frank Sullivan)
- NHS Lanarkshire (University of Glasgow, led by Frances Mair)
- NHS Ayrshire & Arran (University of Glasgow, led by Kate O'Donnell)
- NHS Highlands & Islands (University of Highlands & Islands, led by Gill Hubbard & Annetta Smith)
- Identifying Outcome Measures (University of Dundee, led by Bruce Guthrie)
Updates on this work are provided in our bi-annual newsletter Newsletter Winter 2017, Newsletter Summer 2017, Winter Newsletter 2016, Newsletter Summer 2016
Journal of Comorbidity
The SSPC is now affiliated with the journal of comorbidity. The journal will now offer a discounted article publication fee for SSPC members.